Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans
Español    About Us    Contact Us    Careers   

What is the new Idaho Family Support Card?

The Idaho Family Support Card is a new way for you to access your Child Support payments. Previously, using the Idaho Quest EBT Card to access your child support, you were limited in how you could use the Quest card. The new card provides more flexibility, such as the ability to use the card at over 3 million locations – anywhere Visa is accepted, including stores, ATMs, banks, etc.

Does the Idaho Family Support Card replace the Idaho Quest EBT Card?
If you have a child support-only case – that is, it’s not combined with any benefits (such as Food Stamps) – then, yes it does replace the Quest card. However, any remaining balance of child support payments on the Quest card must be accessed using the Quest card, because the balance cannot be transferred to the new Family Support Card.

If you have benefits (such as Food Stamps or cash assistance) combined with your Child Support case, then, no it does not replace the card. The Idaho Quest card must still be used to access Food Stamps and any cash assistance. Do not throw away or destroy your Quest cards if you also receive Food Stamps or cash assistance!

Can child support payments be deposited directly into checking or savings accounts instead of using the new card?
Yes. You may elect to have payments deposited directly into your bank account. The notice informing you about the new card included a Request for Direct Deposit form; you simply complete the form and submit it to the Department.

If you want to setup direct deposit and you do not have the form, you can contact Child Support Customer Service and ask for the “Request for Direct Deposit” form or print a copy of this form from the public website.

If I receive child support payments via direct deposit prior to receiving the new card, will I need to request direct deposit again?
No. Anyone who already uses direct deposit to collect their child support payments does not have to re-request the service.

Will any remaining balance on the Idaho Quest EBT card be transferred to the new card?
No. Any remaining balance of child support payments on the Quest card must be accessed using the Quest card.

When will the new card be issued?
The new Idaho Family Support Card was issued to 2000 pilot cases the first week of December 2008. In January 2009, approximately 19,000 more cases received the Idaho Family Support Cards. Deposits onto the Family Support Card for the additional 19,000 cases will begin in February 2009.

The new Idaho Family Support Card will be issued as early as the first week of February 2009.

How is the new card used?
The new Idaho Family Support Card works just like a debit card. When a child support payment is received, it is disbursed into an account. Custodial parents may then use the card at over 3 million locations (anywhere Visa is accepted) to purchase goods or services, withdraw cash via ATM or bank teller, and even make over-the-phone or online purchases. Making purchases will require the card and PIN number or signature.

Before the card can be used, it must be activated by following the instructions enclosed with the card. These instructions include FAQs, Terms and Conditions, and other information about the card and how to use it.

Are there any fees assessed with using the new card?
Yes, some fees may be assessed with using the card, such as the following:

  • ATM withdrawal and balance inquiries
  • Cash withdrawals at a bank
  • Inactivity
  • Card replacement (after the free replacement)

Additional fee details will be included with the instructional materials that are mailed with the Idaho Family Support Card.

Are there any ATMs that accept the new card without charging a fee?
No. There is a $.85 fee that will be charged at Allpoint ATM networks, Chase and WAMU ATM's. Simply go to and enter your zip code to get a listing of Allpoint ATM's in your area.

How are the fees collected?
If some use of the card, or replacement of the card, results in a fee, the fee amount will automatically be deducted from the account during a nightly processing cycle.

Can other funds be deposited into the Idaho Family Support Card account?
No. Only child support payments, collected by Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, will be disbursed to the accounts.

What happens if the card is not used for a long period of time?
If the card is not used for more than 12 months, an inactivity fee will be assessed: $1.50 per month after 12 months if funds remain in the account.

If I have a problem using my card, who do I contact?
For immediate assistance, contact JP Morgan customer support at 1-866-643-4197. Another option is the Customer Service email on the MyAccount website (, which has an approximate 24-hour response time.

How can I check my account balance?
Call customer service at 1-866-643-4197 or go online to the MyAccount website (

How can I change my PIN or Access number?
If you forgot your PIN or access number, you can change it by calling 1-866-643-4197.

Who do I contact if my name changes to something different than printed on the card?
Both Idaho Child Support Services and JP Morgan should be notified if your name changes. You may contact Idaho Child Support at 1-800-356-9868 and the JP Morgan customer service line at 1-866-643-4197. A replacement card will be sent with your new name at no charge to you.

How do I request a secondary card for someone such as my spouse?
Contact Idaho Child Support Services at 1-800-356-9868 to request a secondary card. You will be directed to a specialist who will help you with the request. There may be a $5 fee for each secondary card requested.

How do I request a replacement card?
If your card was lost or stolen and you need a replacement card, call the JP Morgan customer service line at 1-866-643-4197. Each cardholder is allowed one free replacement; after that a $5 fee is charged for each replacement card.

Contact Child Support Services:

Mail your Child Support payments:

Toll free: 1-800-356-9868
Boise area: 334-2479 
Fax: (855) 349-2408
e-mail Child Support Services

Idaho Child Support Receipting Services
P.O. Box 70008
Boise, Idaho  83707-0108