Immunizing our children is a great way to keep them happy and healthy. To attend a licensed childcare facility in Idaho, a child must receive the required immunizations outlined below no later than the age-deadline specified. This means a child has received all of the doses of each vaccine appropriate for the child's age.
Parents/guardians must present their child’s immunization record to the childcare provider within 14 days of the child’s initial attendance.
1. DTaP: The 5th dose is not necessary if the 4th dose was administered at age 4 years or older.
2. Polio: The 4th dose is not necessary if the 3th dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after previous dose.
3. HIB: Generally not recommended for children aged 5 years or older.
4. Pneumococcal: Generally not recommended for children aged 5 years or older. Children aged 14 through 59 months who received a completed 4-dose or other age-appropriate series of PCV7, must also receive a supplemental dose of PCV13.
5. Rotavirus: Vaccination should not be initiated for infants aged 15 weeks 0 days or older. The maximum age for the final dose is 8 months.
IRIS is Idaho’s Immunization Reminder Information System. It is a statewide system that houses immunization information for the State of Idaho. Licensed childcare providers that handle health records can enroll in IRIS to retrieve and print official copies of children's immunization records, saving staff time otherwise spent following up with parents. If you don’t already have access to IRIS, please request an IRIS account
online. If you need to have your IRIS password reset, request an IRIS password reset
online. IRIS requests will not be processed over the phone.