Idaho Medicaid has contracted with a transportation brokerage, American Medical Response (AMR), to administer, coordinate, and manage all NEMT for eligible Idaho Medicaid participants beginning with dates of service on or after September 1, 2010.
Network transport providers may contact AMR at (877) 503-1267 with any questions about NEMT to be provided on or after September 1, 2010. Other Medicaid providers and Medicaid participants may call AMR at (877) 503-1261 to schedule transportation to be provided on or after September 1st, 2010. Medicaid will not reimburse transportation providers for any of the following codes for services provided on or after September 1 2010. Services associated with these codes must be coordinated and paid through AMR. Codes Not Payable After 8/31/2010.
||Wheelchair Van Transport
||Lodging - Participants
||Lodging - Attendant
||Individual and Agency Provider Tansport
||Attendant Salary, per 15 minutes
||Commercial Transport - Bus Pass
Attention Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Providers: Issues with implementing our new claims system has resulted in significant delay of payment and notification of prior authorization decisions for Medicaid NEMT providers. To facilitate timely payment for your services we are instituting changes in our prior authorization and billing processes for non-emergency medical transportation. For services delivered under procedure codes A0100, A0110, and S0215 from June 1, 2010, through August 31, 2010:
- You must continue to submit prior authorization documentation for trips taking place through the remainder of August, if you have not already done so.
- You will not receive a notice of decision for services in June through August for these procedure codes.
- We will continue to review the prior authorization requests that you have submitted for compliance with eligibility and procedural requirements, and we will contact you if we have concerns about proposed services.
- You may bill for transportation meeting Medicaid NEMT requirements at any time after the date of service.
- Payments for services delivered outside of eligibility and procedural guidelines may be denied or recouped.
These changes are effective immediately. Please contact Medicaid Transportation Coordinator Sara Stith at either firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 287-1173 if you have questions. Thank you for your participantion in the Medicaid Program.
The services must be covered by Idaho Medicaid. Neither commercial or agency transportation is authorized for persons owning (or having access to) a functioning personal vehicle. Refer to IDAPA Rules governing transportation.