Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans

Non-Discrimination Statement

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is committed to equal opportunity in the delivery of programs and services to clients.

The department is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and, in some cases, religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.

People with disabilities, who require alternative means of communication (provided free of charge) for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact Health and Welfare.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities, may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  

Additionally, people who require program information or language assistance services, in languages other than English (provided free of charge), should contact Health and Welfare.

To file a complaint of discrimination, fill out and mail in the form below (mail to address provided on form):

Client’s civil rights complaint form 
Formulario de quejas de los derechos civiles para clientes (Complaint Form)

See the Department’s procedure (English/Spanish) regarding client civil rights complaints for additional information.

Or write:
Civil Rights Manager
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0036
208-334-5617 or 208-332-7205 (TTY)

If you require alternative means for communication, regarding your complaint, contact the department’s Civil Rights Manager.

You can also file a complaint of discrimination with a Federal office:

Food and Nutrition Programs, Food Stamps, WIC (Women, Infants, Children), etc.:

Complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA, and provide in the letter, all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or

3. email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers, found online at

The Emergency Food Assistance Program: Click here for USDA’s Nondiscrimination Statement.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program is a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) program that helps to supplement the diets of low-income individuals or households, including elderly people, by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost.

AFDC, Adoptions, Adult/Child Development, Child Support Enforcement, Developmental Disabilities, Early Periodic Screening and Detection (EPSDT), Health Care Services, Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Institutions, Medical Assistance, Preventive Medicine, Social Services, Substance Abuse, Block Grants, Foster Care, Primary Health Clinic, WIN, Low Income Energy Assistance Program, Community Service Block Grants:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights
Room 515-F
200 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20201
(202) 619-0403 (Voice)
(800) 537-7697 (TTY)

Weatherization Assistance Program:

U.S. Department of Energy
Seattle Regional Office
800 5th Avenue, Ste. 3950
Seattle, WA 98104-3122

VOCA Victim Assistance Formula Grant Program:

Office for Civil Rights
Office of Justice Programs
U.S. Department of Justice
810 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20531
(202) 305-9012 (Voice)
(202) 354-4016 (Fax)

The Department is an equal opportunity provider.