Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans

Child Care Frequently Asked Questions

How much will ICCP pay?
The amount of assistance a family receives from this program is based on income, the amount of hours the parents are working, in school or participating in approved activities. Payments are sent directly to the child care provider for the amount for which a family qualifies. 

Parents must pay the provider for all of the costs not covered by the program. The program can only pay up to a certain amount for the cost of child care. This amount is different depending on the age of the child and the location and type of provider selected. If a provider charges more than the ICCP limit, parents will have to pay the difference. Parents are responsible for any amount over the maximum and for the amount of the co-payment. Most parents will have to pay for a portion of their child care costs.

Name of Parent: Jones
Name of Provider: Happy Days Day Care
Month: May
People in Household: 4
Monthly Income: $1,200.00
Child in Care: Judy
Judy's Child Care Amount for May: $450.00
Child in Care: James
James' Child Care Amount for May: $400.00
Total Child Care for May: $850.00
Co-Payment per child: $40.00
Total ICCP Payment: $770.00
Parent Co-Payment: $80.00

When does ICCP make its portion of the payments?
Payments will be made the first week of the month following the month the care was provided. For example, the payment for April child care services will be made in the first week of May.

What will ICCP not pay for?
Late Charges: ICCP will not pay fees charged to families who do not pick up their children on time, or to families who do not pay their provider on time.

Termination Notice: ICCP will not pay fees charged to families when they decide not to continue to use a provider and do not notify the provider in advance.

What happens if my care provider or I don't report a change?
If more money is paid to a provider than a family is eligible to receive because the parents did not report a change, the parents must repay the Department of Health and Welfare. That is why it is important to report changes as soon as you are aware of them. If providers receive more money than they are entitled to because they failed to report a change, they must return it to the Department of Health and Welfare. The following situations may cause overpayments:

  • Failing to report a change in costs of care;
  • Not caring for the child; or
  • Misrepresenting their charges.


Got feedback about our website? Help us make it better by completing a survey. It'll only take a couple of minutes.