Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans

Report a change

You are responsible for reporting any changes to your household circumstances that may impact your eligibility to receive benefit services, or the amount of benefits you receive.  You should have received information about what changes you need to report for the benefit service(s) you are receiving during the application process.  We have provided a general list below. 

These changes should be reported as soon as they happen, but no later than 10 days after the change occurred.

What to report
You are responsible for reporting the following:

  • When your income changes.

    For food assistance, report income changes only when your income decreases, ends, or exceeds the income limit for your family size.   

    For all other types of assistance, report any changes in income. 
  • When the value of your resources exceed the resource limit for the benefit service(s) you're receiving.
  • When you move to a new location or out of state.
  • When someone moves in or out of your household.
  • When anyone in your household is incarcerated.
  • For food assistance, when a household member between age 18 and 50, who does not have a minor child in the home, begins working less than 80 hours per month.

How to report a change
Send us an email, completed change report form, or a letter with the information about your change.  Be sure to include your name and case number when sending us information. 

Computer icon.


Email us at:

Complete a Change Report Form

Mail/envelop icon.


Mail us at:
Self Reliance Programs
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID  83720-0026