Idaho State EMS Communications Center, more commonly known as StateComm, is a 24/7 emergency communications center located in Meridian, Idaho.
StateComm is a component of the Bureau of EMS and Preparedness, Division of Public Health.
StateComm provides emergency dispatch and communications for EMS, Idaho Transportation Department, Fish and Game, Hazardous Material incidents, Public Health emergencies, AMBER Alerts and many other situations and scenarios.
Contact StateComm at 1-208-846-7610.
- Radio/paging communication statewide, 41 EMS mountaintop bases
- Primary notification point for the National Alert Warning System (NAWAS)
- Primary activation point for the Idaho Emergency Alert System (EAS) to disseminate emergency alerts, or AMBER Alerts via radio and television
- Hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction contact point
- Railroad incident response coordination
- Logging incident response coordination
- Status monitoring of hospital bed availability and diversions
- Status monitoring of state highway conditions and dispatch of the Idaho Transportation Department
- Coordination with multiple agencies during emergency incidents (local, state, and federal)
- Direct contact with 44 county sheriff's offices and Idaho State Police
- Prehospital tissue referral coordination
- We provide high quality and efficient communications support for the public, government agencies, and emergency responders through the coordination of resources contributing to the health and safety of Idaho citizens and communities.
- Core competent professionals, delivering excellence in emergency communications.
- We value communications, cooperation, accountability, trust, honesty, courage, and leadership.
- Search and rescue Teams
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Department of Environmental Quality
- EMS, ground and air
- Idaho Office of Emergency Management
- State public health
- Public health districts
- State laboratories
- Regional response hazmat teams
- Critical incident stress management
- Department of Agriculture
- State aeronautics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Idaho Incident Management and Assistance Teams (IMAST)
StateComm is the primary EMS dispatch center for 16 rural communities located throughout Idaho.
Communication specialists are certified emergency medical dispatchers (EMD) providing callers with pre-arrival medical instructions until EMS units arrive at the scene.
StateComm relays patient or scene information, deploys additional resources, and tracks EMS units when their primary dispatch is out of radio contact.
In the event of a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) StateComm will provide hospital bed status to the incident commander.
StateComm monitors all EMS and hospital radio traffic on EMS Frequency 1 and Frequency 2.