WIC is a federally funded nutrition program for Women, Infants and Children.
WIC helps families by providing:
- Checks to buy healthy supplemental foods from local grocery stores (authorized WIC vendors)
- Nutrition education
- Help finding healthcare and other community services
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Be a resident of Idaho
- Meet income guidelines
- Be pregnant or be breastfeeding a baby under one year of age or have just had a baby or
- Have an infant or a child under the age of five
WIC services are provided by the seven Idaho Public Health Districts and two Native American health agencies. There are more than 50 clinics located across the state.
Idaho WIC Fact Sheet