The annual school immunization report (SIR) is due to the Idaho Immunization Program no later than November 1st of each year. Schools must report on the immunization status of all students enrolled in the following grades:
While schools report on the vaccination coverage of students in kindergarten, 1st grade and 7th grade, it is important to review records for all students attending your school to ensure compliance with Idaho’s school immunization requirements. Idaho Code requires all students (preschool and grades K-12) attending a public, private, or parochial school in Idaho to meet minimum immunization requirements, have a conditional admission form, or valid Idaho exemption on file at registration and before attendance to school (IDAPA 16.02.15).
The following are definitions of terms which are used in the annual report.
1. ADEQUATELY IMMUNIZED – a child with an immunization record on file at the school documenting that all school required immunizations have been received.
2. CONDITIONAL ADMISSION – a child who has received at least one dose of each required vaccine and is currently on schedule for subsequent immunizations may be conditionally admitted to school provided the child’s parent/guardian completes the Conditional Admission to School: Schedule of Intended Immunizations form. If the immunization is not received by the expiration date on the Conditional Admission to School: Schedule of Intended Immunizations form, the student will be considered incomplete and the exclusion process must begin.
3. EXEMPTION – a relief from the statutory immunization requirements by reason of medical, religious or other reasons as defined in Section 110 of the Idaho Administrative Code (IDAPA 16.02.15).
4. INCOMPLETE – a child meeting any one of the following conditions:
- has received fewer than the required number of doses of a required immunization and does not have the remaining required vaccine doses scheduled, or
- has failed to continue to receive immunizations as provided on the Conditional Admission to School: Schedule of Intended Immunizations form, or
- has received one or more doses at less than the minimum interval or less than the minimum age as recommended by the ACIP, or
- has not received any doses of the required immunizations and does not have a valid exemption on file at the school.
5. NO RECORD — a child who has no immunization record on file at the school.
School immunization reports must be submitted online at https://sir.dhw.idaho.gov/SchoolLogin/login.aspx. Reports that are faxed or mailed will not be accepted. If you do not have Internet access, please contact the Idaho Immunization Program as soon as possible to make alternate arrangements. If you have any questions regarding school immunization requirements or the annual school immunization report, please feel free to contact the Idaho Immunization Program by telephone at 208.334.6994.
2018-19 School Immunization Report Packet - Instructions & Report Worksheet