Contact Us

The Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) is open 8a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Offices are closed for all state and federal holidays.

Frequently called numbers

Find frequently called numbers to the right. For more numbers, select the + sign in the accordion menu below.

Frequently called numbers
Food stamps, Medicaid, ICCP, and TAFI
Stay on the line when calling, and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates
Visit our website, email us, or call us for information on how to order your vital record.
Child support
2-1-1 Idaho CareLine
Community resources, child care questions, COVID-19 questions, and more. Dial 2-1-1, 800-926-2588, or visit the URL below.

Phone numbers and email addresses

General inquiries & assistance
Background checks and fingerprints (Background Check Unit)800-340-1246 or email
Behavioral Health208-334-6997
Birth, death, marriage, divorce or ordering instructions
Child Support800-356-9868 or email
Child Welfare (general information about foster care, adoption, independent living)208-334-5700 or email
Communications/Media Relations208-334-0668
Day Care
Developmental Disabilities Program, Adult208-364-1825 or 866-702-5212
Developmental Disabilities Program, Children208-334-5512
EMS licensing and
File an appeal on an eligibility decisionView appeal information
Food Stamps, Medicaid, ICCP, and TAFI Questions877-456-1233 or email
Infant Toddler Program208-334-5514
Licensing & Certification (Tamara Prisock, Administrator) 208-364-1959
Medicaid main line888-528-5861
Medicaid provider questions866-686-4272
Public Records
Public Health DistrictsView office information
Request a new EBT/SNAP Card888-432-4328
Request a new Medicaid Card866-686-4752


State hotlines

Idaho CareLine: 211 or 800-926-2588

Idaho Crisis & Suicide Hotline: 988

Report Child Abuse: 208-334-KIDS (5437) or 855-552-KIDS (5437) or call 2-1-1 and be transferred

Report Health Care Fraud: 208-334-5754

Report Welfare Fraud: 866-635-7515

Staff directory

Director: Alex J. Adams, 208-334-5500

Deputy Directors: Monty Prow, Juliet Charron, Michael Pearson, Miren Unsworth, 208-334-5500

Tribal Affairs Manager: Fred. S. Martin 208-912-4741

Division of Behavioral Health: Ross Edmunds, 208-334-6997

Division of Youth Safety & Permanency: Jean Fisher, 208-334-5700

Division of Information and Technology Services: Chuck Weber, 208-334-6598

Division of Licensing and Certification: Laura Stute, 208-364-1959

Division of Management Services: Staci Phelan, 208-334-0632

Division of Medicaid: 208-334-5747

Division of Public Health: Elke Shaw-Tulloch, 208-334-6996

Division of Self Reliance (Welfare): Jennifer Palagi (interim), 208-334-5696

Southwest Idaho Treatment Center: Jamie Newton, administrator, 208-442-2812 

State Hospital North: Teresa Shackelford, administrator, 208-476-5411 x222

State Hospital South: Randy Rodriquez, administrator, 208-785-8402

Office locations

Find contact information for each Health and Welfare office location.

Technical assistance

Background Checks

For issues with the background check and fingerprint site, contact the Background Check Unit at or call 800-340-1246.


For issues with idalink, contact or call 877-456-1233.

For questions about Food stamps, Medicaid, TAFI, or ICCP, contact the benefits customer service at or call 877-456-1233.

Domain validations

For domain (DNS) validations, contact or call 208-334-5916.

General Questions

For general website or program questions, contact

Frequently requested pages

Request client-specific information about myself or someone else
Members of the public may request to obtain public information that the department does not provide as part of normal business services.
Mandatory reporting and exemptions
Everyone in Idaho is required to report child abuse, neglect or abandonment. Idaho receives nearly 23,000 calls per year of suspected child abuse, neglect, or abandonment, so you are not alone if you need to report concerns about a child.
Public Assistance Fraud
Public assistance fraud is a serious crime when false information is used to receive benefits or reimbursement for provided services from the department.

The department has offices located throughout the state. Find an office near you.

DHW office locations
Search for an office location located near you.
Still can't find what you need?

Email us your questions to:

Contact the director's office regarding a personal issue or concern using the director's contact form.