About Child Support

Child Support Services helps families and children by establishing paternity, establishing or modifying an order for financial and medical support, receiving and distributing child support payments, and taking enforcement actions.


There are two types of services that Idaho Child Support Services can provide: enforcement services or non-enforcement Services.  

Enforcement services: Child Support Services provides a variety of services depending on the family’s needs. Child Support Services can establish paternity, establish or modify an order for financial and medical support, receive and distribute child support payments, and take enforcement actions when necessary. An application and fee is required to receive enforcement services, unless you are receiving SNAP, Medicaid, or cash benefits through DHW.

When you do not have a child support order, Child Support Services works with both parents to gather detailed information and calculate the proposed child support according to the Idaho Child Support Guidelines.

Non-enforcement services: Child Support Services receives and distributes child support payments and maintains a record of each payment. Payments are sent directly to the other parent or guardian through a direct deposit or on a debit card known as the Idaho Family Support Card. There is no fee for non-enforcement services, but the court order and basic contact information must be provided to Child Support Services to open a case.

Happy girl playing outside
Manage your child support
Register at MyChildSupport to manage your Child Support Services, view transaction histories, and more
Happy boy outdoors
Speak with Child Support Services
Call 800-356-9868
Little girl picking dandelions
Idaho Child Support brochure

Child Support information for providers

Letting the Department of Health and Welfare know when you hire an employee with a Child Support order, withholding a portion of an employee's wages to pay support, and enrolling children in their parent's medical insurance are important ways for you to support children and make a difference in their lives.
Housing authorities and tribal housing authorities can obtain payment history information online for clients who receive housing subsidies.