File a Child Care Complaint

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare takes complaints about child care providers very seriously. We want to make sure we act quickly and fairly when conducting our complaint investigations. We partner closely with local health districts, Child Welfare, IdahoSTARS and law enforcement to make sure we provide the supports needed to address issues and improve the quality of care in our state.

How do I file a complaint?

The easiest way to submit a complaint is by using the child care complaint form and submitting it to the Idaho 2-1-1 CareLine using our contact information below.

What happens next?

The information you provide will be reviewed to ensure the appropriate action is taken.
To follow up on a complaint, submit a Public Records Request to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. 

Submit a Complaint Form
2-1-1 Idaho CareLine
Contact the 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine to submit a child care complaint form.