During 2021, we continued to serve Idahoans during the pandemic. Even though COVID-19 dominated the airwaves and remained top of mind for our employees and the public, there were many other services to provide and needs to be met. Whatever the need is – financial, physical, or mental – we are here to serve Idahoans.
One thing has remained consistent, even during the pandemic, and that is our employees’ commitment to serve. When you work in the public sector, it is a labor of love. Our employees feel called to this work, and it is honor for us to serve the people of Idaho.
One of the ways we demonstrate and highlight our work is through the annual report. This is the third year we’ve done this report, and it is the story of the work behind the department’s strategic plan. The annual report highlights how we serve Idahoans, innovate for the future, and collaborate with other stakeholders.
The 2021 Annual Report is now available on the DHW website at: https://publicdocuments.dhw.idaho.gov/WebLink/DocView.aspx?id=21566&dbid=0&repo=PUBLIC-DOCUMENTS
I hope you will take time to read it. You will find information about how we are:
- Transforming Idaho’s behavioral healthcare system
- Training Idahoans to help prevent suicide
- Improving our process for background checks to support employers
- Using value-based payments in our Medicaid program to help Idahoans become healthier
- Addressing the root causes of poor health through Get Healthy Idaho
- Increasing awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias in Idaho
- Educating healthcare providers to help prevent opioid overdoses
- Increasing access to quality child care for Idaho families
- Securing data from breaches
- Giving a voice to people at the end of their lives through the Idaho Healthcare Registry
- And so much more.
The annual report just touches on a few of the many programs and services we offer to Idahoans. For more detailed information on the work we do, you can review our 2021 Facts, Figures & Trends.
I hope you have a safe and healthy weekend.
Join the Discussion
Please note the following terms of participation in commenting on the DHW Voice blog.
To ensure a productive discussion you agree to post only comments directly related to this post and to refrain from posting obscenities; threatening, abusive or discriminatory language; sexually explicit material; and other material that would violate the law if published here; promotional content; or private information such as phone numbers or addresses. DHW reserves the right to screen and remove inappropriate comments.