Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans
Español    About Us    Contact Us  

Apply for Services

Child Support Services can help to help ensure children receive financial and medical support from both parents in a variety of ways. To request child support services:

1. Complete an application. You may print the application form or request one be mailed to you by calling Child Support Customer Service at (208) 334-2479. If you are outside the Boise area, call 1-800-356-9868.

2. If child support is ordered, include a certified copy of the most recent child support order. Include a copy of the child’s birth certificate, if available.

3. Enclose a $25 check or money order made out to Child Support Services. 

4. If you are the parent ordered to receive funds, choose how you would prefer to
receive payments.

Attach a voided check or deposit slip to have payments deposited into your checking or savings account.

If you do not provide a voided check or deposit slip, Child Support Services assumes you want to access payments using an Idaho Family Support Card. This card and a Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be sent to you in separate mailings within a week or two.

For more information about direct deposit and the Idaho Family Support Card, see Receive Payments.

5. Mail your application with the $25 fee to Idaho Child Support Receipting Services, P.O. Box 70008, Boise, Idaho, 83707-0108.

Child Support Services sends you a letter to let you know when your case is opened or whether any additional information is needed.


Are there other reasons why I have a child support case?

If you or the other parent applies for public assistance (Food Stamps, Medicaid, or cash assistance), Child Support Services opens a child support case on your behalf. The $25 application fee is waived. Opening a child support case helps ensure that children are receiving the financial and medical support they need while helping the family to become more self-sufficient.