Emergency Go Bag
Go Bags (or Disaster Kits) are an extremely important resource for you and your family to have in case of emergencies. These kits allow you to leave at a moment’s notice to find safety, while assuring that you are taking the essentials, such as food, water, and medical supplies. When you are told to evacuate, you may have only minutes to go, and without a pre-packed Go Bag, it will be easy to forget many important items. Every family is different, and the following web resource will allow you to look at your family’s unique characteristics in order to make a Go Bag that will contain all the items you need.
Things to consider for emergencies:
- You should have a separate pack for each family member to carry, so that one person won’t have to carry all of the supplies.
- Show children where their packs are, and have an emergency plan.
- Remember to have a plan that your whole family can use, and that considers everyone’s special needs.
- Talk to your friends, neighbors, and relatives about disaster preparedness, and be each other’s allies.
- Work together to come up with a plan that involves checking up on each other when a disaster occurs, and getting any help needed in tough situations, such as being away from home when you need to evacuate.
Take a look at the Emergency Go Bag flow chart for ideas on what to pack in case of an emergency.
For more information on disaster preparedness and wildfire safety, visit these links: