When should I call the Poison Control help line?
The Poison Control can help provide medical advice for many situations:
- Your toddler ate pills from someone's purse
- You feel ill after swimming in a body of water with a harmful algal bloom.
- You drank cleaner, not soda
- You took the dog's medicine
- Your toddler ate your cosmetics
- Poison Control's help line is 1-800-222-1222
- Poison Control can either help by phone or though their online tool.
*Call 911 right away if the individual collapses, has a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can't be awakened.