- We believe prevention is key.
- Recovery and resiliency is possible for everyone.
- An informed system is an effective system.
- Advocacy is all-inclusive.
- Services should be accessible throughout a person's life.
- Services are provided in the least restrictive environment.
- Early intervention is cost-effective and evidence-based.
- The system is accountable, transparent and sustainable.
- Whole-person, whole-health.
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of individuals and families.
The BHPC will pursue the following body of work:
- Provide oversight and coordination of regional behavioral health boards.
- Fulfill reporting requirements.
- Support the development of community crisis centers in each region.
- Conduct a statewide assessment of prevention programs.
- Assist regions in setting up children’s subcommittees.
- Educating legislators.
- Conducting an environmental scan of the readiness and capacity of the system to ultimately generate strategies to improve continuity of care.
|Name||Region||Type of Membership||Agency or Organization Represented|
|Gail Baker||4||Agency/provider of services||Department of Corrections (IDOC)|
|Liza Crook||4||Agency/provider of services||Juvenile Corrections (IDJC)|
|Brady Ellis||4||Agency/provider of services||Idaho Housing and Finance Association|
|Cija Luel Hauver||3||Advocacy/consumer/family||Family member of a child/adolescent/transition youth mental health|
|Sarah Hill||4||Advocacy/consumer/family||Adult with substance use disorder|
|Kim Hokanson, (Chair)||7||Advocacy/consumer/family||Family member of a youth mental health client|
|Courtney Holthus||4||Advocacy/consumer/family||Disability Rights of Idaho|
|Rick Lee Huber||5||Advocacy/consumer/family||Consumer/client/person in recovery mental health|
|Penny Jones (Person-at-large)||3||Advocacy/consumer/family||Aging +55|
|Marianne King||4||Agency/provider of services||Office of Drug Policy|
|Chelsea Lincoln||4||Advocacy/consumer/family||LGBTQ Representative|
|Angenie McCleary||5||Agency/provider of services||Counties|
|Renee Miner||4||Agency/provider of services||Department of Education|
|Danielle Pere||4||Agency/provider of services||DHW Division of Behavioral Health|
|Gene Petty||3||Agency/provider of services||Judicial Branch|
|David Phillips||4||Advocacy/consumer/family||Community Coalition|
|Tammy K Rubino,(Co-chair)||1||Advocacy/consumer/family||Suicide survivor (self or family member)|
|Dr. Ryan Shackelford||4||Agency/provider of services||Primary care provider|
|Max Sorenson||4||Agency/provider of services||Vocational rehabilitation representative|
|Dahlia Strainer||3||Advocacy/consumer/family||Hispanic representative|
|Jenny Teigen||2||Agency/provider of services||Certified Peer Specialist (Riverside Recovery)|
|David Welsh||4||Agency/provider of services||Medicaid|
|Kristen Nate||4||Agency/provider of services||Social services (Child Welfare, Adult Welfare)|