A residential habilitation agency is a certified entity that provides integrated, tailored services and supports to eligible participants. These facilities are designed to help participants live successfully in their own homes, with their families, or in an alternate family home.
To file a complaint, click DDA-RH Portal on the right side of this page; once in the portal click on "Complaint Form," follow the directions from there.
Individuals seeking certification of a residential habilitation agency must complete the following:
Step 1: Make sure your agency is registered with Idaho Secretary of State by visiting their website: https://www.sos.idaho.gov/.
Step 2: Register as an agency with DHW's Background Check Unit to receive an ID for criminal history as all employees accessing or working with participants will need to have a criminal history clearance for your agency.
Step 3: Complete an Application for Residential Habilitation Certificate using the DDA-RH portal link found on this page. The following documentation is required to be uploaded with your application for it to be considered complete.
- A policy and procedure manual that contains all requirements found in IDAPA 16.04.17 IDAPA 16.04.17. Submit all forms that provide support for each policy. Please review the certification checklist under Administrative Requirements at the bottom of this page to ensure completeness of this section. A sample policy and procedure manual format can be found at: Manual Sample.
- A copy of the proposed organizational chart or plan for staffing of the agency.
- A sample file for direct service staff, back-up administrator, and a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) that contains documents meeting the requirements of IDAPA 16.04.17 section 301. Please refer to the certification checklist under Staff Requirements at the bottom of this page to ensure completeness of this section.
- The employee file for the current administrator.
- A sample participant file that contains documents meeting the requirements of IDAPA 16.04.17 section 400, and a description of your agency record management system. Review the certification checklist under Participant Requirements at the bottom of this page to ensure completeness of this section.
- Written description of the agency’s quality assurance program developed to meet requirements in IDAPA 16.04.17 section 405. Review the certification checklist under Administrative Requirements to ensure completeness of this section.
- Any forms referenced in the policies and procedures you are submitting.
Step 4: Once certified, complete the Medicaid provider enrollment application to become a Medicaid provider. You can complete this by visiting: https://www.idmedicaid.com/default.aspx.
Additional information regarding application submission
The department will review the application form and materials to determine if the agency has met all of the regulatory requirements and has the necessary systems in place to ensure the implementation of those requirements. The department will notify the agency with a written decision regarding certification. An application is considered complete when all required documents are received and in compliance with rules and regulations.
Once certified as a residential habilitation agency, you will be required to submit a request for renewal of certification 90 days before your certificate expires. Any addendums, updates, or changes to the approved application will require an addendum to be submitted. Both of these items must be completed using the DDARH portal link found on this page.
Please note that new applications are also needed when an agency makes any of the following changes:
- New ownership
- Adding a new location in a different region
- Moving locations from one region to another
These changes do not require submission of the documents identified above. Instead, please only submit the updated “scope and service policy” when adding or moving location to a different region and the updated “organizational chart” for new ownership. Any location changes within the current certified region should be submitted using the addendum.