The Idaho Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Stroke Prevention (DHDSP) Program periodically provides funding opportunities and highlights educational opportunities for providers and partners interested in preventing and managing chronic diseases.
There are currently no funding opportunities available. The next funding opportunity is expected to be released in October 2021. Information will be posted to this page as it becomes available.
Overview of Changes to the 2021 Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program Standards and Operating Procedures
Idaho DTTAC Master Trainer Select , Dorothy Plaza, will share the recent changes to the DPRP Standards and Operating Procedures for the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Virtual September 24, 12:00pm-1:00 pm (PST)
- Email DorothyRPlaza@gmail.com for more information.
Adapting to Change: Updates on Screening, Testing and Referring Patients with Diabetes
In partnership with the Diabetes Alliance of Idaho (DAI), The Idaho Primary Care Association (IPCA) will be hosting a virtual training on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
Starting at 9:30 a.m. (MST), IPCA and the DAI will be offering all-day knowledge-based training sessions on:
- Updates to screening guidelines,
- Research and advancements in type 1 diabetes,
- Addressing the social needs of patients, and
- Going digital with diabetes self-management education services.
Participants will gain access to CME opportunities. There is no charge for registration.
- Virtual October 13th, 9:30am-4:00pm (MST)
Start a National Diabetes Prevention Program in your community
- Lifestyle coach training
- Diabetes Prevention Program coordinator training
- On-site/virtual program customized startup consultation
Established Diabetes Prevention Programs
- Refresher lifestyle coach training
- Advanced lifestyle coach training
- Billing and reimbursement training
- Customized consultation
For more information on options and pricing, contact Idaho DTTAC Master Trainer Select Dorothy Plaza, email@example.com or 208-874-2404.
Order or download free multilingual materials to help others learn about diabetes, heart disease, stroke, blood pressure, and developing healthy habits. You'll find brochures, care cards, posters, and educational items for ordering.