Change a Birth Certificate

Use the forms and information on this page to request correction(s) of incorrect or missing information on a birth certificate.

Request changes

Request corrections to any incorrect or missing information on your birth certificate by downloading and completing the Correction Request Form. Detailed instructions are included with the form. Send the completed form along with any fees to:

Idaho Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0036

If any information is changing because of adoption, surrogacy, court ordered name change, gender change, or if paternity has been determined, please see the instructions and frequently asked questions below.

Request a Change
Use the Correction Request Form for changes to a certificate