Information About Free Ultrasounds and Medication Abortions
Idaho Statute 18-609 requires the Department of Health and Welfare to compile a Free Ultrasound Provider List and provide information directing patients where to obtain further information in locating a health care provider to consult about medication abortions, including interventions, if any, that may affect medication abortions.
- If you are a provider, facility, or clinic interested in having your information included on the Free Ultrasound Provider List or Medication Abortion Provider Consultation List, please fill out the form on the right side of the screen and click “Submit”.
- Your information will be sent directly to Department staff and will be added to the next annual list.
- The Department will be taking requests to be included on the Medication Abortion Provider Consultation List until October 12th, 2018. The list of providers will be posted on the website on October 17th, 2018 and will remain in effect until December 31st, 2018.
- For 2019 and every year thereafter, both lists will be updated annually on January 1st.
- Requests must be made using the form on this website and providers must make a request by December 15th each year to be added to the next annual list.
In addition to the required provision of the Fetal Growth and Development, What You Should Know About Abortion, and Directory of Pregnancy and Child Health Services booklets when a woman is seeking an abortion, providers are now required to provide the Free Ultrasound Provider List within 24 hours prior to an abortion being performed.
Click here for a list of providers, clinics, and facilities who have indicated they will provide a free ultrasound to a woman contemplating abortion.
Click here for a list of providers, clinics, and facilities who have indicated they will provide further information about medication abortions.
*Information presented on these lists are provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, expressed or implicit, in compliance with Idaho Statute 18-609 and is for information purposes only. This information is not intended to constitute medical advice or the provision of medical services. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. The Department of Health and Welfare does not inspect, certify, or endorse any of the providers listed and cannot be held liable for the action(s) of said providers.