Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans

Children's Mental Health

Raising a child is not easy.  If a child has a serious emotional disturbance (SED), every step toward adulthood can be an uphill climb.  For any family or single parent, the climb can seem overwhelming, so it's not unusual for parents of children with SED to feel alone, helpless, and uncertain about which way to turn. 

Youth Empowerment Services (YES)

YES is the new system of care in the state of Idaho for children with SED. The program provides services and supports that increase the capacity for children with SED and their families to live, work, learn, and participate fully in their community. To learn more about YES visit 

Children's Mental Health

Children’s Mental Health (CMH) is a partner in YES and has been instrumental in developing the new system.  

The CMH program continues to provide services and supports to eligible youth and families, including youth who are court ordered to receive services 

To learn more about CMH, explore our web pages and resource links.  

Advocacy & Support

There are several organizations that advocate and provide support for children and their families. To learn more about these organizations, refer to the following resources:  

Idaho Parent Network for Children’s Mental Health 

Family Advocates 

Idaho Parents Unlimited 

Idaho Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health 

Upcoming Legislative Session Proposed Administrative Rules