Access Services

Are you under 18 and worry about your mental health? Do you think your children or youth may be struggling? Are you afraid that your family may not be able to afford the services they need? 


Paths to serivce

There are different paths to receiving mental health care through YES. All of these paths depend on whether the child or youth is enrolled in Medicaid or has been identified as having a serious emotional disturbance (SED). Children with a SED are eligible for Medicaid at a higher income level. Read the information below to determine how to get help.

*Serious emotional disturbance (SED) refers to when youth under the age of 18 have both a behavioral health diagnosis and a functional impairment as identified by the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) functional assessment tool.

Paths to services

If your child is currently enrolled in Medicaid

All children and youth with Medicaid can access mental health services through Magellan of Idaho, Medicaid's managed care provider. Call 855-202-0973 or visit the Magellan of Idaho website to find a mental health provider.

If your child is not currently enrolled in Medicaid

The Medicaid income limits are higher for children or youth with a serious emotional disturbance (SED).

Schedule a functional assessment with Liberty Healthcare at 877-305-3469 for an SED determination. After the SED determination, apply for Medicaid.

If your child is not eligible for Medicaid

If your child is not eligible for Medicaid and is determined not to have a SED, you can still apply for children's mental health services. Magellan of Idaho is the Managed Care Organization for the entire State of Idaho and will provide Crisis Response and Children's Mental Health Services. 

For more information of receiving YES services
To learn more about YES