Members work in partnership with the IFPP and APP Program to assess prevention and service delivery needs in the state, determine how to reach the populations that may benefit from program services, and recommend effective strategies for reaching program goals.
The IFPP focuses on providing comprehensive family planning and other related preventive health services to individuals from low-income families and/or uninsured people (including those who are not eligible for Medicaid), and adolescents who might not otherwise have access to these healthcare services.
The APP Program focuses on providing comprehensive sexual health education and resources to ensure Idaho adolescents and young adults are equipped to make healthy choices concerning their reproductive health.
Reproductive Health Advisory Group members:
- Have an interest in improving access to reproductive health services and comprehensive sexual health education
- Have a unique perspective and diverse experiences to share
- Typically meet one or two times a year, via conference call or in-person
- Can determine the status of their continued participation on an annual basis
- Can receive participation support for travel expenses from the IFFP or APP Program