The Department of Health and Welfare is committed to equal opportunity in the delivery of programs and services to clients.

DHW non-discrimination statement

The department is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and, in some cases, religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

People with disabilities who require alternative means of communication (provided free of charge) for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact Health and Welfare. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities, may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.  

Additionally, people who require program information or language assistance services, in languages other than English (provided free of charge), should contact the department.

Close up of a person filling out a paper form
File a complaint

To file a complaint of discrimination, fill out and mail in the form below (address is provided on form):

See the department’s procedure (English/Spanish) regarding client civil rights complaints for additional information.

Or write:
Civil Rights Manager
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0036
208-334-5617 or 208-332-7205 (TTY)

You can also file a complaint of discrimination with a federal office at the contact below.

Complaints contacts

Food and nutrition programs, Food Stamps, Women, Infants Children (WIC), etc.

Complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA, and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410




For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, also known as Food Stamps) issues, either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at 800-221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the state information/hotline numbers, found at


The Emergency Food Assistance Program

 USDA’s Nondiscrimination Statement

The Emergency Food Assistance Program is a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) program that helps to supplement the diets of low-income individuals or households, including elderly people, by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost.

AFDC, adoptions, adult/child development, child support enforcement, developmental disabilities, etc.

AFDC, adoptions, adult/child development, child support enforcement, developmental disabilities, Early Periodic Screening and Detection (EPSDT), healthcare services, nursing homes, hospitals and institutions, medical assistance, preventive medicine, social services, substance abuse, block grants, foster care, Primary Health clinic, WIN, Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, community service block grants.


U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Ave., SW Room 515-F
Washington, DC 20201


202-619-0403 (Voice) or 800-537-7697 (Texting)

Weatherization Assistance Program

U.S. Department of Energy - Seattle Regional Office
800 5th Avenue, Ste. 3950
Seattle, WA 98104-3122

VOCA Victim Assistance Formula Grant Program

U.S. Department of Justice - Office for Civil Rights - Office of Justice Programs
810 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20531





The department is an equal opportunity provider.