Omicron is more contagious than other variants of the virus that causes COVID-19. It is rapidly spreading in Idaho and across the nation.
Getting vaccinated and boosted at the right time is still the very best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from serious illness, hospitalization, and death. More precautions (wearing a mask, washing your hands, staying home if you’re sick) decrease your risk of serious illness further.
Here's a list of COVID-19 resources with the latest and most accurate information on COVID-19:
- Find a testing location near you
- Idaho’s COVID-19 website
- CDC COVID-19 website
- About COVID-19 in Idaho
- Find COVID-19 and flu vaccines/boosters near you: Use vaccines.gov to find a location near you, then call or visit their website to make an appointment.
- Vaccine eligibility: All Idahoans ages 5 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Those 18 and older can receive the Moderna vaccine.
- Booster doses: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone who is vaccinated and eligible should get a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. See more details about the CDC’s booster recommendations.
- DHW Voice blog
- Where and when to get your vaccination
- Counseling assistance for frontline workers is available.
- Recordings of our media briefings are available under the vaccine tab at coronavirus.idaho.gov. A recording of today’s briefing will be available later this afternoon.
- Follow the Department of Health and Welfare on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for daily updates and information you can trust.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is dedicated to strengthening the health, safety, and independence of Idahoans. Learn more at healthandwelfare.idaho.gov.
Join the Discussion
Please note the following terms of participation in commenting on the DHW Voice blog.
To ensure a productive discussion you agree to post only comments directly related to this post and to refrain from posting obscenities; threatening, abusive or discriminatory language; sexually explicit material; and other material that would violate the law if published here; promotional content; or private information such as phone numbers or addresses. DHW reserves the right to screen and remove inappropriate comments.