Helping Idaho’s children and their families by making sure they are safe and supported is a very important goal for us.
We have many services and programs to help support Idaho’s children and families, but today I’d like to encourage those who work with young children and their families to consider attending the Early Years Conference on Nov. 1-2 in Boise. The theme is Vision for Success in Early Childhood.
Our biennial conference is organized by the Head Start Collaboration Office and the Infant Toddler Program. It provides members of Idaho's early childhood learning communities access to current research and best practices that benefit children from when they are born until they turn 8 years old. It attracts presenters with expertise in key and emerging issues related to strengthening and supporting families in unique and diverse populations.
This year, there are five tracks for attendees:
- Building Family Strengths: Identifies and supports the unique and specialized needs of children and their families.
- Health/Safety and Well-Being: Emphasizes the importance of supporting and nurturing young children, including safety issues, and child abuse and neglect prevention and intervention.
- Early Care and Learning: Focuses on early child development, research, and educational practices that enable infants and young children to reach their maximum potential.
- Program/Professional Development: Highlights program models and best practices to enhance professional work with young children and families.
- Infant/Early Child Mental Health: Centers on the social and emotional development of children from birth through age 5 and their families, including key issues, relationships, risks, and best-practice interventions.
The conference is a great chance to learn, grow, and connect with other like-minded people in Idaho who are passionate about helping children be successful in life.
Learn more about the conference and find registration information on our website at https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/services-programs/early-years-conference-2022
I hope you have a safe and healthy weekend!
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is dedicated to strengthening the health, safety, and independence of Idahoans. Learn more at healthandwelfare.idaho.gov.
Join the Discussion
Please note the following terms of participation in commenting on the DHW Voice blog.
To ensure a productive discussion you agree to post only comments directly related to this post and to refrain from posting obscenities; threatening, abusive or discriminatory language; sexually explicit material; and other material that would violate the law if published here; promotional content; or private information such as phone numbers or addresses. DHW reserves the right to screen and remove inappropriate comments.