Get Help

Mental health services are available for children and youth under the age of 18 who have serious emotional disturbance (SED) through the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) system of care. Children's Mental Health provides services for children with SED or children who display symptoms that  indicate other behavioral health problems.

Receive services

There are different paths to receiving mental health care through YES. All of these paths depend on whether the child or youth is enrolled in Medicaid or has been identified as having serious emotional disturbance (SED). Children with SED are eligible for Medicaid at a higher income level. Read the information below to determine how to get help.

Paths to services

If your child is currently enrolled in Medicaid

All children and youth with Medicaid can access mental health services through Optum Idaho, Medicaid's managed care provider. Call 855-202-0973 or visit the Optum Idaho website to find a mental health provider.

If you are interested in respite care, you can call Liberty Healthcare at 877-305-3469 to schedule an assessment. 

If your child is not currently enrolled in Medicaid

Children and youth with serious emotional disturbance (SED) may be eligible for Medicaid if they meet the income requirements.   

Schedule a functional assessment with Liberty Healthcare at 877-305-3469 for an SED determination. After the SED determination, apply for Medicaid.

If your child is not eligible for Medicaid

If your child is not eligible for Medicaid, you can still apply for children's mental health services by contacting your local Regional Behavioral Health Office. You must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for expedited services.

Region 1 - Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Shoshone Counties 208-769-1406
Region 2 - Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce Counties 208-799-4440
Region 3 - Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington Counties 208-459-0092
Region 4 - Ada, Boise, Elmore, Valley Counties 208-334-0800
Region 5 - Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls Counties 208-732-1630
Region 6 - Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, Power Counties 208-234-7900
Region 7 - Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Teton Counties 208-528-5700