A family must meet eligibility requirements for telephone assistance. If a member of the household participates in certain federal programs, the household is eligible.
To qualify for telephone assistance, a family must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Live in Idaho
- Have a phone service in your name
- Have a provider who is participating in the telephone assistance program
- Have a household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Level at the time of application*
*Household income will be calculated using the most recent 30 days of documented income.
If you or someone in your household participates in one of these federal programs, your household is categorically eligible for telephone assistance.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Apply by contacting your telephone provider.