Manage My TAFI

You will use an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card with your TAFI benefits on it.

TAFI benefit restrictions

TAFI benefits may not be used for:

  • Pari-mutuel betting
  • Tribal gaming
  • Purchase of lottery tickets
  • Purchase of cigarettes and other tobacco products 
  • Payment for adult entertainment
  • Purchase of alcoholic beverages

Purchases or participation in activities in any establishment that provides goods, services or activities that are prohibited above, or where people under the age of 18 are not permitted. Businesses offering prohibited services and activities must comply by prohibiting the use of public assistance benefit cards in their establishment.

EBT card usage

A complete list of restrictions and more information about how to use your benefits will be provided to you when you complete your application and are determined eligible, or when you receive your benefit card.

  • You'll receive your EBT card the first time you apply and are approved.
  • If anything changes with your benefits, including if you stop receiving benefits for some time, will be automatically reflected on your EBT benefits, so you won't need to get a new card.
  • Report any name changes and change of address right away, because your card might not be accepted at shopping locations if your card information does not match.
  • If you've lost your card, call the FIS card customer service line at 888-432-4328 to request a new card. Local offices will not issue a replacement card.
  • To check your balance on your EBT card, call the number listed on the back of your card 888-432-4328 or go online to
Required re-evaluations

When receiving TAFI, you are required to re-evaluate periodically. When your household is due for recertification, the department will notify you and provide you with the necessary forms required to complete the process.

Reporting requirements

You are responsible for reporting any changes to your household circumstances that may impact your eligibility to receive benefit services, or the amount of benefits you receive. 

Let us know when:

  • Address changes
  • Someone joins or leaves the household
  • Student status changes
  • Earned or unearned income changes
Report a Change Online
Log in or create an idalink account to report changes online.