Manage my Katie Beckett Medicaid

Learn how to choose a primary care provider, use your Medicaid ID card, and report changes.

Partnering with a primary care provider

Healthy Connections is the Idaho Medicaid program that is mandatory for most Idaho Medicaid participants. Participants will choose a primary care provider (PCP) who will coordinate their healthcare needs.

Important Program Information

DHW continues to prepare for impacts from the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). To make sure that Medicaid participants receive services and get their needs met, all Healthy Connection referral requirements are suspended until further notice (effective March 18, 2020). It is recommended to refer back to this website to check for any updates to this information.

  • Make sure you establish care timely with your PCP To discuss preventative and other healthcare needs.
  • Tell your PCP about any medical services you need or have received, such as emergency room visits and behavioral health services.
  • Make sure you go to your annual wellness visits and recommended screenings.

Refer to the Idaho Health Plan Booklet(link is external) for more information on Healthy Connections.

Contact Healthy Connections for questions at 1-888-528-5861.

My Idaho Medicaid ID Card

The first time you are eligible for Idaho Medicaid, you will receive an identification card in the mail. If you are eligible and have not received your card within 14 days of receiving your letter, please call 1-877-456-1233.

It is important to remember:

  • Have your card with you when you visit your doctor, dentist, or pharmacy. You might have to show picture ID in addition to your Medicaid card.
  • Always ask before you get medical services if the provider will accept your ID card as payment. Ask even when your doctor refers you to a specialist. Not all doctors accept Idaho Medicaid.
  • Your card may not work at providers’ offices if you are going by a different name than what appears on your identification card, so be sure to report name changes.
  • Your identification card is permanent. Do not throw it away, ever if you lose benefit and then get benefits again, you will use the same card.
  • If you lose your card, call the Department of Health and Welfare at 1-877-456-1233 or call 1-866-686-4752.
Reporting changes to Medicaid

When you apply for benefits you agree to provide truthful, accurate, and up-to-date information.

Report any of the following changes as soon as possible:

  • You have a new name, address, or other contact information.
  • Someone moves in or out of your household (even if they aren’t related to you)
  • You get or lose other health insurance (including Medicare coverage)
To report a change:

Call the department's benefits customer service center line: 1-877-456-1233.