File a Delayed Death, Stillbirth, or Miscarriage Certificate

​​​​​A death, stillbirth, or miscarriage certificate registered one year or more after the date of the event needs to be registered as a delayed certificate.

File a delayed certificate of birth by sending in a written request along with identifying information for the person signing the request and any necessary fees. Your request must include the following:

  • Type of certificate
  • Name(s) as they should be listed on the certificate
  • Date of event
  • Place of event
  • Your relationship to the person(s) named on the certificate
  • Return address
  • Daytime telephone number
  • A check or money order for $16

We will conduct a search to confirm a certificate is not already on file. The fee for a search is $16 whether a certificate is found or not.

Send the request to:

Idaho Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0036

Or you may drop-off your request in the lobby drop box located at:

450 West State Street
Boise, Idaho 83720

File a Delayed Certificate
Send a written request to file a delayed certificate