Stay updated on what is new with Idaho's intellectual and developmental disability program.
- April 29, 2022 - Service Mixes - Updated as of April 29, 2022
- April 25, 2022 - Upcoming Trainings and Information Sessions
- March 16, 2022 - New Assessment Tools - What to Expect
- February 22, 2022 - My Choice Matters Discussion Spanish 02-17-2022
- February 18, 2022 - My Choice Matters Discussion English 02-17-2022
- February 17, 2022 - How to Submit Budget Notice Feedback
- February 17, 2022 - Comentarios Sobre la Notificación de Presupuesto
- February 14, 2022 - Draft Budget Notices
- February 10, 2022 - MCM Discussion - Budget Notices - Spanish
- February 10, 2022 - MCM Discussion - Budget Notices - English
- February 8, 2022 - Sis-A Letter
- January 31, 2022 - Resource Allocation Model Final Report
- January 31, 2022 - Resource Allocation Model Implementation Planning Guide
- January 31, 2022 - HSRI Recommendations for Resource Allocation Model Testing and Evaluation Plan
- December 20, 2021 - Plain Language Summary and Request for Comments about the Adult DD waiver and Program Changes
- December 20, 2021 - Complete Adult DD 1915(c) Waiver (ID 0076)
- December 20, 2021 - Complete Adult DD 1915(i) HCBS Benefit
- November 30, 2021 - What is a SIS-A: Participant Presentation
- November 26, 2021 - Request for Comments / Proposed Medicaid Waiver and State Plan Amendments About the New Resource Allocation Model for the Adult DD Program
- November 16, 2021 - Plain Language Draft Medicaid Rules - English
- November 16, 2921 - Plain Language Draft Medicaid Rules - Spanish
- November 9, 2021 - New Resource Allocation Model Rulemaking Notice about Meeting and Comments
- November 2, 2021 - REVISED - New Resource Allocation Model - Draft IDAPA Rule Changes
- November 15, 2021 - SIS-A Webinar
- October 18, 2021 - New Resource Allocation Model - Draft IDAPA Rule Change
Every year, Idaho Medicaid learns what supports you need by doing an interview. Right now, Medicaid uses the Scales of Independent Behavior-Revised (SIB-R) to learn about your needs and find out if you qualify for services. In the next two years, Medicaid will begin to use a new assessment tool to determine what supports you need. This tool is called the Supports Intensity Scale-Adult (SIS-A).
The SIS-A measures supports in 57 life activities and 28 behavioral and medical areas. The assessment is done through an interview with you and those who know you well.
The SIS-A measures the supports you need in your home, community, lifelong learning, employment, health and safety, social activities, protection, and advocacy. The tool ranks each activity by how often you will be doing it, how much time the activity will take, and the type of supports that are needed for each activity.
For more information about the SIS-A click on the links below.
- January 15, 2018 - SIS-A Presentation
- January 15, 2018 - SIS-A Frequently Asked Questions
- January 15, 2018 - SIS-A Brochure
- January 15, 2018 - SIS-A Informational Briefing
- January 15, 2018 - SIS-A Information
Tell us what you think!
What do you like about the assessment process? What don’t you like? What would you like to see happen when you are assessed by Medicaid? Click the Email Us button below to send us your feedback.