Medicaid participants enroll in the Healthy Connections Primary Care Program to achieve the best health outcomes.
Healthy Connections is the Idaho Medicaid program that is mandatory for most Idaho Medicaid participants. Participants will choose a primary care provider (PCP) who will coordinate their healthcare needs.
Important Program Information
Healthy Connections referrals were suspended March 20, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Beginning July 1, 2021 Healthy Connections referrals will again be required.
Refer to the Idaho Health Plan Booklet for more information on Healthy Connections. If you need additional information you can contact Healthy Connections at 888-528-5861 or by email at email@example.com.
The first time you are eligible for Idaho Medicaid, you will receive an ID card in the mail. If you are eligible and have not received your card within 14 days of receiving your letter, please call 1-877-456-1233.
- Keep your card with you when you visit your doctor, dentist, or pharmacy. You might have to show a picture ID in addition to your Medicaid card.
- Always ask before you get medical services if the provider will accept your ID card as payment. Ask even when your doctor refers you to a specialist. Not all doctors accept Idaho Medicaid.
- Your card may not work at providers’ offices if you are going by a different name than what appears on your ID card. Report name changes.
- Your ID card is permanent. Do not throw it away. If you lose benefits and then get benefits again, you will use the same card.
- If you lose your card, call the Department of Health and Welfare at 877-456-1233 or call the DXC participant line at 866-686-4752.
When receiving Medicaid benefits, you are required to re-evaluate periodically. When your household is due for recertification, DHW will notify you and provide you with the necessary forms required to complete the process.
What you apply for benefits you agree to provide truthful, accurate, and up-to-date information.
Report any of the following changes as soon as possible:
- You have a new name, address, or other contact information.
- Someone moves in or out of your household (even if they aren’t related to you).
- You marry, divorce, become pregnant, or have a child (including adoptions).
- Your income goes up or down (including child support, unemployment, job wages, etc.).
- You get or lose other health insurance (including Medicare coverage).
To report a change:
Call the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’s Benefits Customer Service center line: 877-456-1233.