Inspiring client-centered care through community-wide collaboration.
The Idaho TCOM Institute promotes collaboration amongst system partners to standardize the delivery and application of the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS). Thus, enabling greater collaboration around needs and strengths of client assisting Idaho’s Youth Empowerment Services (YES) System of Care to increase effectiveness of service to children, youth and families. This is achieved through three primary elements:
- CANS Governance Committee
- CANS Learning Collaboratives
- CANS Training Network
These elements work in unison to manifest practical outcomes in the Institute's values:
- Person-centered care
- Collaborative decision making
- Accurate consensus-based care
- Local contributors
If you have questions, comments or would like to see how you can be involved, please use the contact form below or email ITI@dhw.idaho.gov.
The CANS certification training is an overview of the Idaho CANS. At the end of this two-part training, participants will be able to administer and reliably complete the CANS and the CANS certification exam.
Select the dates below to register for the specific trainings.
- 11/2/2020 - 11/3/2020 from 1:00pm-5:00pm
- 11/16/2020 -11/17/2020 from 8:30am-12:30pm PST
- 11/23/2020 - 11/24/2020 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- 12/1/2020 - 12/2/2020 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- 12/9/2020 - 12/10/2020 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- 12/14/2020 - 12/15/2020 from 9:00am-1:00pm
- 1/5/2021 - 1/6/2021 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- 1/11/2021 - 1/12/2021 from 1:00pm-5:00pm
- 1/19/2021 - 1/20/2021 from 9:30am-1:30pm
- 3/2/2021 - 3/3/2021 from 8:30am-12:30pm
- 3/16/2021 - 3/17/2021 from 9:30am-1:30pm
- 4/27/2021 - 4/28/2021 from 9:30am-1:30pm
- 5/11/2021 - 5/12/2021 from 8:30am-12:30pm