Medicaid participants enroll in the Healthy Connections Primary Care Program to achieve the best health outcomes.
Healthy Connections is the Idaho Medicaid program that is mandatory for most Idaho Medicaid participants. Participants will choose a primary care provider (PCP) who will coordinate their healthcare needs.
Important program information
Healthy Connections referrals were suspended March 20, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Beginning July 1, 2021 Healthy Connections referrals will again be required.
Refer to the Idaho Health Plan Booklet for more information on Healthy Connections. If you need additional information you can contact Healthy Connections at 888-528-5861 or by email at email@example.com.
The first time you are eligible for Idaho Medicaid, you will receive an identification card in the mail. If you are eligible and have not received your card within 14 days of receiving your letter, please call 877-456-1233.
- Have your ID card with you when you visit your doctor, dentist, or pharmacy. You might have to show picture ID in addition to your Medicaid card.
- Always ask before you get medical services if the provider will accept your ID card as payment. Ask even when your doctor refers you to a specialist. Not all doctors accept Idaho Medicaid.
- Your card may not work at providers’ offices if you are going by a different name than what appears on your identification card. Report name changes.
- Your identification card is permanent. Do not throw it away, ever if you lose benefit and then get benefits again, you will use the same card.
- If you lose your card, call the department at 877-456-1233 or call the DXC participant line at 866-686-4752.
When receiving Medicaid, you are required to re-evaluate periodically. When your household is due for recertification, the department will notify you and provide you with the necessary forms required to complete the process.
If eligibility requirements are still met at the time of your re-evaluation, you will continue to receive Medicaid coverage.
When you apply for benefits you agree to provide truthful, accurate, and up-to-date information.
Report any of the following changes as soon as possible, within 10 days of the change occuring:
- You have a new name, address, or other contact information.
- Someone moves in or out of your household (even if they aren’t related to you)
- You marry, divorce, become pregnant, or have a child (including adoptions).
- Your income goes up or down (including child support, unemployment, job wages, etc.)
- Your resources go up or down
- You get or lose other health insurance (including Medicare coverage)
To report a change:
Call the department's benefits customer service center line: 877-456-1233