Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge and expertise with early childhood educators? Idaho Early Years 2022 is now accepting workshop proposals.
call for workshop proposals
Every two years, the Early Years conference attracts more than 350 attendees seeking actionable information, new strategies, and best practices in the field of early childhood education and intervention. We invite you to consider Early Years 2022 as a forum to share your expertise. Please familiarize yourself with the additional information for the Call for Proposals below before you prepare your proposal.
What you will gain as a Presenter:
- A reputation as an expert in respective specialty areas.
- Exposure to more than 350 early learning professionals.
- Networking with professionals in the early care and education community.
- Discounted conference registration (no fee the day of your workshop).
- Potential speaking opportunities at early learning events and regional conferences.
Workshop topic to address one of five conference tracks and explore “what’s new and what’s working” to help children ages birth to eight and families:
- Building Family Strengths: Identifies and supports the unique and specialized needs of children and their families.
- Health/Safety and Well-Being: Emphasizes the importance of supporting and nurturing young children, including safety issues, child abuse and neglect, prevention, and intervention.
- Early Care and Learning: Focuses on early child development, research, and educational practices that enable infants and young children to reach their maximum potential.
- Program/Professional Development: Highlights program models and best practices to enhance professional work with young children and families.
- Infant/Early Child Mental Health: Centers on the social and emotional development of children from birth through age five and their families, including key issues, relationships, risks, and best practice interventions.
The Early Years 2022 Workshops subcommittee will select proposals that best exemplify the following criteria:
- New Material - New pioneering content and ideas.
- Actionable Information - Content that attendees can put into practice immediately.
- Best Practices - What works, what’s effective.
- Interactive Presentations - Engage the audience in active learning.
|June 1-19, 2022||Proposals review by proposal subcommittee|
|June 23, 2022||Call for Proposal Sub-committee reviews all proposals|
|June 26, 2022||Notification sent to all applicants and ask for handouts and PowerPoint presentation|
|July 10, 2022 - 12:00 p.m.||Handouts and PowerPoint deadline|
|August 30, 2022||All CEU certificates received from Human Resources|
|September 1 - 30, 2022||Early Bird Registration|
|October 1-25, 2022||Regular Registration|
|November 1-2, 2022||Early Years Conference|
The last workshop session on day 2 is one hour (one workshop in each track), all other workshops are one-and-a-half hours or one hour and fifteen minutes in length.
If you have questions about the submission process, please contact Early Years Admin